BJC offers three medical options, all administered by Cigna: Signature, Choice Plus and Choice.
- Each option keeps you and your family healthy by covering 100 percent of the cost of in-network preventive care, such as annual physicals, screenings and immunizations.
- Each option protects you if something unexpected happens by limiting the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket during a single calendar year.
- Each option includes no cost virtual care services through MDLive.
- Each option includes prescription drug coverage administered by Express Scripts.
- Signature option uses the Cigna LocalPlus provider network, centered around local (MO & IL) health care providers and facilities. Choice Plus and Choice use the Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) provider network, a broad network of health care providers in the St. Louis area and nationwide.
- Signature option has one coverage level – you must go to a provider in the network to have coverage (except in cases of emergency). Choice Plus and Choice have three coverage levels.
- Signature option you will pay a copayment for most services. Choice Plus and Choice you will pay a copayment or percentage of the cost for some services (coinsurance) after you meet your deductible.
Review the Benefits Enrollment Guide for more details on each option.
NOTE: BJC is considering a new approach to our overall wellness program and will not offer a wellness incentive in 2022. BJC will continue to offer work-site health screenings, but the completion of one will not count toward any incentives.
Benefit Terms You Should Know
Use this glossary of common health care terms and definitions to help you understand your options and coverage. For more information, call Cigna 800.244.6224 or log in to your myCigna account.
Medical Coverage Overview
The Medical Coverage Overview provides examples of your payment responsibility under each medical option. Consult the Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) and Addendum for coverage details.
Get Help When Deciding Your Medical Plan
The Cigna Easy Choice Tool can help you decide which BJC medical option is right for you. Answer just a few questions and the tool will compare medical options side-by-side to view costs, doctors and networks so you can determine what’s best for you. Access the tool at CignaEasyChoice.com and select the First-time Visitor tab. Enter one of the following access codes:
- Full-time and earn $20 or less/hour: VQXZ3GFU
- Full-time and earn $20.01 or more/hour: ANECYQW6
- Part-time: JQRHXHC4
You’ll want to have the following information handy:
- Zip code for any dependents you cover who live somewhere other than your home address (e.g., college student)
- Name and location for the doctors, specialists and other providers you and your family use
Call Cigna at 800-564-7642 if you have questions about the medical plan options.
Employee Costs for Medical Coverage
The employee costs table details the costs (premiums) for medical coverage. These are pre-tax, per-pay-period deductions, based on 26 pay periods per year.
Cigna Virtual Services
Ask a Nurse 24/7/365 ($0 copayment)
Call a Cigna nurse 24/7/365 at 800-244-6224 with any health question or log in to myCigna.com and chat.
Receive free virtual medical care through MDLive
Connect 24/7/365 virtually to board-certified doctors and dermatologists to treat minor medical conditions (for example, cold, flu, rash, sore throat, mild fever). Available for children and adults. Log in to myCigna.com > Find Care & Costs > Talk to a Doctor or Nurse 24/7 > Medical, or call 888-726-3171.
Receive free virtual counseling through MDLive
Connect 24/7/365 virtually to a licensed therapist or psychiatrist trained to treat many non-emergency conditions (for example, anxiety, depression, stress). Log in to myCigna.com > Find Care & Costs > Talk to a Doctor or Nurse 24/7 > Counseling > MDLive, or call 888-726-3171.
Emotional well-being apps
Connect with counselors at Ginger, Talkspace, Sondermind and more (copayment required). Log in to myCigna.com > Find Care & Costs > Talk to a Doctor or Nurse 24/7 > Counseling.