BJC offers three medical options, all administered by Cigna: Signature, Choice Plus and Choice.
- Each option keeps you and your family healthy by covering 100 percent of the cost of in-network preventive care, such as annual physicals, screenings and immunizations.
- Each option protects you if something unexpected happens by limiting the amount you have to pay out-of-pocket during a single calendar year.
- Each option includes no cost virtual care services through Cigna Telehealth Connection
- Each option includes prescription drug coverage administered by Express Scripts.
- Signature option uses the Cigna LocalPlus provider network, centered around local (MO & IL) health care providers and facilities. Choice Plus and Choice use the Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) provider network, a broad network of health care providers in the St. Louis area and nationwide.
- Signature option has one coverage level – you must go to a provider in the network to have coverage (except in cases of emergency). Choice Plus and Choice have three coverage levels.
- Signature option you will pay a copayment for most services. Choice Plus and Choice you will pay a copayment or percentage of the cost for some services (coinsurance) after you meet your deductible.
Review the Benefits Enrollment Guide for more details on each option.
NOTE: BJC is considering a new approach to our overall wellness program and will not offer a wellness incentive in 2022. BJC will continue to offer work-site health screenings, but the completion of one will not count toward any incentives.
Benefit Terms You Should Know
Use this glossary of common health care terms and definitions to help you understand your options and coverage. For more information, call Cigna 800.244.6224 or log in to your myCigna account.
Medical Coverage Overview
The Medical Coverage Overview provides examples of your payment responsibility under each medical option. Consult the Summary Plan Descriptions (SPD) and Addendum for coverage details.
Get Help When Deciding Your Medical Plan
The Cigna Easy Choice Tool can help you decide which BJC medical option is right for you. Answer just a few questions and the tool will compare medical options side-by-side to view costs, doctors and networks so you can determine what’s best for you. Access the tool at CignaEasyChoice.com and select the First-time Visitor tab. Enter one of the following access codes:
- Full-time and earn $20 or less/hour: VQXZ3GFU
- Full-time and earn $20.01 or more/hour: ANECYQW6
- Part-time: JQRHXHC4
You’ll want to have the following information handy:
- Zip code for any dependents you cover who live somewhere other than your home address (e.g., college student)
- Name and location for the doctors, specialists and other providers you and your family use
Call Cigna at 800-564-7642 if you have questions about the medical plan options.
Employee Costs for Medical Coverage
The employee costs table details the costs (premiums) for medical coverage. These are pre-tax, per-pay-period deductions, based on 26 pay periods per year.
Cigna Telehealth Connection
Cigna Telehealth Connection for Medical Plan members: a free virtual care service, via phone or video chat 24/7/365, with board-certified doctors and licensed therapists. Telehealth Connection is for minor, non-life-threatening illnesses (e.g., cold or flu, rashes, sore throat, mild fever) and mental health needs (e.g., anxiety, depression, stress). Care for minor illnesses can also be provided to infants and children. For services, c all MDLIVE at 888.726.3171 or log into www.myCigna.com, locate the "Talk to a doctor or nurse 24/7" callout, click "Connect Now" then "MDLIVE". 24/7 Nurse Line: if you're unsure if virtual care is right for your medical needs, receive guidance 24/7/365 from a registered nurse by calling Cigna customer service at 800-244-6224.