Compensation includes all pay we receive working for BJC. This can be base salary, overtime pay and any premium compensation we are awarded, such as spot bonuses. Other forms of payment are made on our behalf for coverage like Workers' Compensation or Social Security, providing payable benefits if we are injured at work or when we retire.
To learn more about compensation at BJC, check out these brief "Coffee with Comp" video sessions below. A new session will be added every few weeks, so check back often!
BJC compensation principles:
- Offer market competitive practices
- Balance internal and external equity
- Fair market pay for the value of the work
- Reward organizational success and team performance
- Value and recognize individual employee contributions
- Maintain consistent, nondiscriminatory, equitable policies and practices
- Help employees understand and appreciate the value of their compensation
- Adapt to internal/external economic and environmental changes
- Comply with local, state and federal rules and regulations
- Support BJC fiscal and budgetary guidelines
Our compensation includes:
Base Pay: Each of us is paid a wage for our work. Our pay is largely based on our job requirements, performance, the skills and knowledge we use on the job and what the external market pays for our job. Each year, the BJC Compensation team reviews every job at our hospitals, service organizations, and shared services departments -- more than 2,000 jobs -- as part of an annual market analysis to ensure salaries remain competitive. Adjustments are made periodically based on changes in the market and budget parameters.
Overtime, Premium Pay, Premium Compensation: Depending on the type of job, you may be eligible for additional pay for working extended hours, special shifts or other variable compensation-related programs.
Social Security: BJC contributes to Social Security on our behalf, providing us with an additional source of retirement income.
BJC now offers on-demand pay for all employees
With on-demand pay, you can access up to 50% of your earned base pay when you need it, rather than waiting for a regular payday, giving you more control over your finances and more options to receive your pay than ever before. All BJC employees are eligible to sign up for this new payroll benefit, except those on a leave of absence. Check out this flyer for more information, including where to sign up. See if the options BJC offers will support your financial needs
Compensation policies are located on the HR Hub. Select "Find Answers", then select "Policies" in the left navigation bar.