BJC provides a variety of wellbeing offerings to assist you with improving your health (eligibility varies):
- Omada – A clinically designed, online weight loss program that helps qualified individuals reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. BJC Medical Plan members age 18 or older with a BMI of 24 or over (22 or over if Asian) are eligible at no cost. Omada provides participants with a personal health coach and a smart digital scale. Visit Omada to complete an eligibility form.
- Livongo for Diabetes Program – A program for diabetics that combines advanced technology with around-the-clock support to make living with diabetes easier. BJC Medical Plan members age 18 or older, diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes, are eligible at no cost. Livongo provides participants with a connected glucose meter, access to Certified Diabetes Educators, and unlimited test strips and lancets shipped to their home. Call Livongo at 800.945.4355. Registration code: BJC.
- Sleepio (Sleep Improvement) -- BJC Medical Plan members can determine how well they sleep by taking a two-minute online assessment at www.sleepio.com/bjc. Those who take the test will get a tailored report of their sleep, along with a personalized tip they can try right away to get a better night’s sleep. Based on the results of their sleep test, those who need further help improving their sleep can then sign up for Sleepio’s entirely online, six-week program free of charge. Questions? Feel free to contact the Sleepio Team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Nutrition Counseling Services -- BJC Medical Plan members are entitled to up to $1,000 worth of nutrition counseling services per calendar year, with no out-of-pocket expenses through a provider in the BJC Facility Network or Cigna OAP Network.
- WW (Weight Watchers Reimagined) – Based on the philosophy that successful weight loss is achieved through the attainment of a series of realistic goals, WW offers multi-dimensional ways to learn how to achieve and then maintain a healthy body weight for the long term. BJC offers team members discounted and subsidized rates for the Digital and Digital Workshops plans. Dependents are not eligible for the BJC subsidy, however, dependents are eligible for a discount when they use the BJC employee discount program through YouDecide.
- Tobacco cessation -- Kick the tobacco habit with, offered free of charge to BJC Medical Plan participants. Those who are not current BJC Medical Plan participants and want to take advantage of Quit For Life® services only have to pay tax (approximately $55) on the value of the program. Nicotine patches and gum are included. For more information call 866.784.8454. Learn about the health damage caused by tobacco use and the benefits to your health of quitting.