Omada is a clinically designed, online program that helps pre-diabetic participants reduce their risk of developing type 2 diabetes. Omada includes:
- A personal health coach
- A free smart digital scale
- Science-based curriculum
- Social support
A published study of 187 Omada participants demonstrated a 5 percent average reduction in weight and a drop from the pre-diabetes range of 6 percent to 5.6 percent.
- BJC employees, spouses and adult dependents on the BJC Medical Plan
- 18 or older
- BMI of 24 or over (22 or over if Asian)
Visit the Omada website to complete a form to determine eligibility. Omada is offered at no additional cost to BJC Medical Plan participants.
Livongo for Diabetes Program
The Livongo for Diabetes Program combines the latest technology with coaching to make living with diabetes easier than before. The program is offered at no cost to eligible BJC Medical Plan participants and their covered family members, 18 or older, diagnosed with type 1 or type 2 diabetes. Livongo includes:
- The Latest Technology -- The Livongo connected glucose meter uses cellular technology to automatically upload readings and provide real-time tips based on blood glucose data, making log books a thing of the past.
- Real-Time Support from Coaches -- Coaches are Certified Diabetes Educators who are available anytime by phone, email, text or mobile app to give you personalized guidance on nutrition and lifestyle.
- Unlimited Strips at No Cost -- With the click of a button, test strips and lancets are shipped to your home at no cost to you.
To learn more or enroll, visit Livongo or call Livongo Member Support toll-free 800.945.4355. Registration code: BJC.