One of your objectives while working at BJC is to provide excellent care to patients and families, or to provide support to those who deliver this care directly. To accomplish this objective, your wellness inside and outside of the workplace is important. Several initiatives are designed to improve your overall wellness and reward you for making healthy lifestyle decisions at work and at home.
There are a number of BJC programs available to you that promote good health, including nutrition counseling services, free health screenings, employee health awareness and recognition programs, fitness-related discounts and partnerships.
Current Total Rewards wellness offerings include:
Health Management Programs
- Weight Watchers -- A program with a proven approach to weight loss that includes tools, strategies and the PointsPlus® program
- Omada -- A transformative online program aimed at developing healthy habits to lose weight and help prevent type-2 diabetes
- Livongo for Diabetes Program -- A program for diabetics that combines advanced technology with around-the-clock support to make living with diabetes easier than before
Nutrition Counseling Services
- BJC employees, spouses and dependents enrolled in the BJC Medical Plan are entitled to up to $1,000 worth of nutrition counseling services per calendar year, with no out-of-pocket expenses as long as the services are received from providers in the BJC Facility Network or Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) Network. Get a list of nutrition counseling services at BJC locations here.
Help for Your Health
- BJC offers all employees and their dependents (18 and over) who use tobacco products an opportunity to enroll in the Quit For Life® tobacco-cessation program. The program is free to current BJC Medical Plan partiicipants.
- BJC employees and dependents who are not current BJC Medical Plan participants and want to take advantage of Quit For Life® services only have to pay tax on the value of the program (approximately $55). Nicotine patches and gum are included in the cost of the program.
- For more information or to enroll go to Quit For Life or call toll-free 866.784.8454
- How bad is smoking and what can you do about it?