Short-Term Disability

BJC offers Short-Term Disability (STD) coverage to eligible employees under the BJC HealthCare STD Plan that replaces some of your income if an injury or sickness prevents you from working. It is possible that an injury or sickness may keep you from working for an extended period of time, which may result in your inability to financially support yourself or your family.

The STD coverage is designed to help provide you with a portion of your income if you become disabled and are unable to work for up to one hundred eighty (180) days.

  • After six (6) months of employment, BJC pays the entire cost of this STD coverage for you, if you are eligible
  • You may file a claim for STD when you experience an injury or illness lasting 5 or more days
  • STD coverage pays 60 percent of your weekly covered earnings, up to a maximum of $2,500 per week, for up to twenty-five (25) weeks; you must use your paid time off (PTO) to cover the remaining 40 percent of your weekly earnings
  • This STD coverage is administered by Life Insurance Company of North America (also known as Cigna)

Eligibility

You are eligible to participate in the STD Plan if you are classified as a:

  • regular full-time employee who works at least thirty-five (35) hours per week (or 70 hours per pay period), or 
  • regular part-time employee who works at least twenty-four (24) hours per week (or 48 hours per pay period)      

For additional details, go to Summary Plan Descriptions & Legal Resources.

4901 Forest Park Avenue
St. Louis, Missouri 63108
314.286.2000
Copyright © 1997- 2015 BJC HealthCare. All Rights Reserved.