BJC’s Family and Medical Leave of Absence (FMLA) policy is administered in accordance with the federal Family and Medical Leave Act, which ensures job-protected leave for qualified family and medical reasons. BJC’s FMLA policy provides employees with information related to their rights, responsibilities and eligibility for FMLA leaves.
BJC’s FMLA policy provides:
- Up to 12 weeks of unpaid, job-protected leave during a 12-month period
- Up to 26 weeks of military caregiver leave to care for a covered service member with a serious injury or illness during a 12-month period
- Requires a minimum of 12 months of service with BJC within a 7-year period, and
- Worked at least 1,250 hours during the 12-month period prior to the commencement of the leave. Time spent on PTO or any other leave of absence is not counted toward hours worked.
Types of FMLA
- Birth of a child
- Placement of a child (through adoption or foster care)
- Employee’s own serious health condition
- Serious health condition of employee’s immediate family member
- Qualifying exigency leave
- Illness or injury of a family member in the Armed Forces (Military Caregiver Leave)
For more detailed information on BJC’s FMLA policy go to myBJCnet, log in, select the ourPolicies tile and select “Benefits.”