- For specialty drugs, you must use mail-order or you will pay for the entire cost of the drug. There are some exemptions. Download the mail-order exemption list here. You can download a list of specialty drugs here. For more information on prescription mail-order, see the Mail-Order section on the Prescription Drugs webpage.
- For non-specialty drugs, you have the option of using mail-order or going to the nearest BJC outpatient pharmacy, select out-of-area (SOOA) pharmacy or Express Scripts (ESI) participating retail pharmacy (Walgreens) to get your new prescription filled. For new prescriptions, you will pay the lowest co-payment when you use a BJC or SOOA pharmacy. For a Walgreens near you, please call 866-273-5779.
- You and each covered dependent are allowed two emergency fills each year (click here for a list of emergency drugs) from any ESI participating retail pharmacy (Walgreens). Your emergency fill co-payment will be the same copayment as if purchased at a BJC pharmacy.
- DO NOT USE MAIL-ORDER if your prescription is an urgent need medication, such as an antibiotic.
- If you choose to have a new prescription mail-ordered, you must first register for mail-order. To do this, go to RxProfile.bjc.org. If you have signed up for mail-order, ask your physician to e-prescribe, call or fax the prescription to the BJC Employee Pharmacy.
(in Missouri or Illinois)
- All medications must be refilled by mail-order to receive the lowest possible co-payment for that medication under the BJC medical plan (unless the medication is exempt from mail-order. See: mail-order drugs exemption list and emergency drugs list.)
- DO NOT USE MAIL-ORDER if your shipping address is outside of Missouri and Illinois.
- Refills should be requested 10 days prior to your current supply running out.
- For more information on prescription mail-order, see the Mail-Order section on the Prescription Drugs webpage. For prescriptions that have already been filled by the BJC Employee Pharmacy (mail-order), you can submit those refills online at RxRefill.bjc.org. RxRefill website instructions here.
- For transfers from one BJC pharmacy to another BJC pharmacy (including the Employee Pharmacy/mail-order): call the pharmacy where you want the prescription filled. Use the automated phone system and follow the prompts to place your refill request. Click here for pharmacy phone numbers. This is the preferred method. You may also go to RxRefill.bjc.org. Log in or access the site as a guest, then go to Transfer Prescriptions. The automated phone system cannot be used for transfer of controlled substances (CIII-V). You must call the pharmacy and speak with a member of the pharmacy team or go to Transfer Prescriptions on RxRefill.bjc.org.
- For transfers from a non-BJC pharmacy to a BJC-pharmacy: go to RxRefill.bjc.org. Log in or access the site as a guest, then go to Transfer Prescriptions. This is the preferred method. You may also call the pharmacy where you want the prescription filled and speak to a member of the pharmacy team. Click here for pharmacy phone numbers.