Life Insurance at BJC
BJC provides Basic Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D), and Long-Term Disability coverage at no cost to full-time and part-time employees. Highlights of this benefit:
- Coverage is automatic so you do not need to enroll in this benefit, but you need to name your life insurance beneficiary (or beneficiaries) during the benefits enrollment process.
- Coverage pays one times the base of a full-time employee’s annual salary.
- Coverage pays $15,000 to eligible part-time employees (24 hours or more a week).
- If you are injured or die because of an accident, the plan will pay an additional AD&D benefit.
- The IRS levies a tax on life insurance coverage greater than $50,000; if your salary is greater than $50,000, you can elect to limit your coverage to $50,000 and not have to pay tax on it.
- During the benefits enrollment process, you can purchase additional Life and AD&D Insurance for yourself and your family, and dependent life insurance for your spouse and eligible children.
Learn more about this year's employee contributions for:
Business Travel Accident Insurance
BJC provides Business Travel Accident (BTA) Insurance to all employees at no cost. BTA Insurance, administered by Cigna, provides extra protection if an employee dies or sustains certain types of injuries in an accident while traveling on business authorized by BJC. Specific details are in the Benefits Summary Plan Descriptions.