Life Insurance at BJC
BJC provides Basic Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) coverage at no cost to eligible full-time and part-time employees. Highlights of this benefit:
- Coverage is automatic so you do not need to enroll in this benefit, but you need to name your life insurance beneficiary (or beneficiaries) during the benefits enrollment process.
- Coverage pays one times the annual base salary of a full-time employee (35 hours or more per week).
- Coverage pays $15,000 to eligible part-time employees (24 hours or more a week).
- If you are injured or die because of an accident, the plan may pay an additional AD&D benefit.
- The IRS requires a tax on life insurance coverage greater than $50,000. If your salary is greater than $50,000, you can elect to limit your coverage to $50,000 to avoid the tax impact.
- During the benefits enrollment process, you can purchase supplemental Life and AD&D Insurance for yourself, additional AD&D Insurance for yourself and your family, and Dependent Life Insurance for your spouse and eligible children.
Learn more about: