No matter the reason you are leaving BJC, this page will provide you with general guidance on what you should know and what you need to do regarding your BJC Total Rewards.
- Read the Exiting Employment Benefits Summary. This summary provides details on what happens to your benefits and/or benefit coverage upon exiting BJC, along with contact information, should you have questions or need additional benefit information.
- Notify your supervisor/manager of your termination date: Proper advance notice is generally required. Your supervisor will enter your term date into PeopleSoft, which will trigger (if applicable) your PTO payout, pension material, COBRA health care notice, etc. For details, see BJC’s HR policy on termination (9.01) under ourPolicies on myBJCnet.
- Verify your home mailing address on myBJCnet: Update your address, if necessary, to ensure the delivery of time-sensitive benefit information, such as optional insurance coverage and your W-2 at year’s end.
- Return company property: Discuss the return of your badge, keys, BJC-issued phone, laptop, Pcard, etc, with your supervisor or local HR department.
- COBRA: If you participate in the BJC medical, dental or vision insurance plans, a COBRA continuation of coverage notice will be mailed to your home address. The COBRA notice will include details on benefits continuation and monthly cost information, if you wish to continue your insurance coverage after leaving BJC.
- Retirement Benefits:
- Employee Discounts and Insurance Offerings: Retired BJC employees (55 and older) have access to the BJC Retiree Discount Program through YouDecide, where they can find consumer discounts and insurance offerings, such as MetLife Take-Along dental, VSP vision, auto & home, identity theft and pet insurance. After retirees are terminated in PeopleSoft, retirees will automatically change from active employee status to retiree status with YouDecide. Retirees may then access YouDecide.com/BJCretirees to review BJC retiree insurance options, including dental and vision. MetLife will mail an offer of dental insurance to the retiree’s home address two weeks after the retiree’s employment ends. VSP will not mail materials to a retiree’s home. Retirees can, however, find pricing on VSP plans by visiting YouDecide.com/BJCretirees. For assistance, please call YouDecide Consumer Advisor at 866.396.5509.
- BJC Pension Plan: Employees should contact the BJC Retirement Center at least 60 days prior to their expected retirement date. The center is administered by Mercer: 800.713.2835 or mybjcpension.org.
- BJC 401(k)/403(b) Plans: Your account balances can remain with Vanguard, transfer to another plan, or be distributed to you. Please note: the regular biweekly payroll contributions you allocate to your 401(k)/403(b) account (if applicable) will be deducted from your last paycheck. As such, you might want to wait until your final paycheck is issued before transferring your account balance to another plan or taking a distribution. If you decide to leave the account balance with Vanguard, no action is needed. Contact Vanguard at vanguard.com or 800.523.1188.