BJC offers two medical options: Choice Plus and Choice. Both are administered by Cigna, allow access to the Cigna Open Access Plus (OAP) Network of preferred providers, and cover the same medical services. Other similarities and differences:
- Both medical options include Prescription Drug coverage
- In general, you will pay more out of your biweekly paycheck for Choice Plus, but pay considerably less in out-of-pocket costs for deductibles, copayments and coinsurance for medical services.
- Conversely, you will pay less per pay period for Choice, but pay considerably more in out-of-pocket costs when you receive medical services.
- There are three coverage levels within each medical option:
- See also Preventive Care. Many preventive services are covered at 100 percent (you owe nothing) if received from a BJC Facility Network or Cigna OAP Network provider.
Annual Wellness Incentive
The Annual Wellness Incentive is just one of the many benefits BJC provides to help support our efforts in achieving and sustaining healthy outcomes for ourselves and our families.
Employees and spouse who are actively enrolled in the BJC Medical Plan on January 1, 2018, can each earn an annual wellness incentive of $175. Learn more.
Understanding Benefit Terms
Both medical options, Choice Plus and Choice, cover the same medical services, such as a visit to a primary care physician or specialist, a trip to the emergency room, or outpatient surgery. What is primarily different about the two options is the amount you pay for services via copayments, deductibles and coinsurance, as well as the per-pay-period contributions for coverage. To gain a better understanding, spend some time with this Choice-Choice Plus infographic.
2018 Medical Coverage Chart
2018 Employee Medical Contribution Chart
For more information, call Cigna toll-free 800.244.6224 or log in to your myCigna account.